Do you want to try durian Musang King’s cultivation? In this agriculture article, Pak Tani Digital will share tips for success in cultivating it.
Durian is a tropical plant that is often found in Southeast Asia. The name durian itself is taken from the form of thorny fruit. Fruit plants with the Latin name Durio zibenthinus are usually used as preparations for cakes, dodol, ice, and so on.
One type of durian that is very well known is the weasel king who comes from the neighbor country, Malaysia. This durian is famous in Malaysia and Singapore. This durian is famous for its thick, sweet, and legit meat.
At present, durian cultivation has very good prospects. The outlook for exports has also increased, especially to countries like China.
If you are interested in cultivating durian Musang King, here are tips you need to consider.
Durian Musang King is a durian variety that can grow in the lowlands to the plains with an altitude of 1000 meters above sea level.
However, if you want this durian to bear maximum fruit, then you should plant it in plains with a height of 400-600 meters above sea level.
Durian Musang King also needs fertile soil and likes areas with high rainfall. The type of soil suitable for this durian is a type of soil that is loose, moist, fertile, and has a water depth of no more than 1 m.
External factors that affect the growth of ferret king ferrets are also the same as external factors that affect other plants, including: nutrients, climate, and types of pollination.
The following are the steps at must be taken in preparing the land for durian Musang King cultivation:
- 1. Make sure the land for cultivation is land that is exposed to direct sunlight.
- 2. Clean the land from weeds.
- 3. After weeds are cleaned, make holes that will be planted with durian with a minimum distance of 25 cm. Before planting, fertilize the soil by applying compost to the planting hole.
- 4. The hole made is 100 cm long and 80 cm wide. Before planting, leave the hole exposed to sunlight for 3 days to kill the bacteria and viruses in it.
- 5. Re-enter the excavated soil into the planting hole so that the planting hole becomes loose.
Before planting durian Musang King, of course you have to prepare the seeds first. The steps for preparing seeds are as follows:
- 1.You can buy seeds from trusted durian farmers.
- 2. Choose seeds that are healthy and not tall, the leaves are not damaged, and are not attacked by disease.
- 3. Choose seeds that are old enough and the stems are big enough. More or less seeds about 15 cm in size.
- 4. After selecting seeds, to plant them, you can simply transfer them to the planting hole and make sure the stems and roots are not damaged during the transplanting process.
- 5.Open the poly bag which is usually the nursery container.
MUSANG KING’S DURIAN CARE
The following are tips on how to care for the Musang King to be able to achieve the expected harvest:
- 1. Perform planting techniques with methods such as the surface of the mountain by elevating the soil.
- 2. Perform regular fertilization, with compost or NPK. The dose is 1 teaspoon of NPK fertilizer dissolved in 10 liters of water that can be used for 10 seeds. Fertilization is done once every 10 days.
- 3. Also do fertilization with fermented manure that already resembles sufficient soil.
- 4. If the plant has a caterpillar attack, spray it with pesticides.
- 5. Make sure that the cultivation land is free of weeds.
Durian fruit can be harvested after the plant is 4-5 years old. In fact, the civet king durian tree can be developed with a height of only 3-4 meters or lower and has already produced fruit.